At Kiewit Nature Reserve wonder at the five different types of garden or go for a walk on the adventurous (boardwalk) trails. This 130 hectare public nature reserve of the city of Hasselt is maintained with the greatest of care every day. Breathe in the fresh air and learn about its unique fauna and flora.
There are various walks at Kiewit Nature Reserve. Starting at Kiewit Castle you can, for example, follow the various marked trails leading to the Bokrijk playground.
There are also specific routes with different starting points:
- In Bokrijk there are two starting points for the 4 km Bucksenrake route (yellow) and the 3 km Parkdreven route (blue).
- At Kiewit Nature Reserve there are 3 starting points for the 4 km Wijer route (orange), the 1.5 km Haringsvijver route (green) and the 3 km Wilderness route (blue).
- From both starting points: 12 km long Green Heart route (red) and the Fast route Bokrijk - Kiewit of 3.8 km (brown).
Maps of the 'Kiewit' countryside walks are available from the office of Kiewit Nature Reserve for 2.50 euros. There is also a group deal for Kiewit Nature Reserve
Specially for children
- Show your children the farmyard animals and treat them to a picnic by the pond. Let them horse around in the play area and in the adventure play wood. Visit the bee hall and spot the various fascinating insects.
- Take ’t Plezante Potenpad route for an approximately 2 km buggy-friendly picturesque walk. You can even crawl into a bird’s nests or try to jump further than a deer. On the Potenpad trail discover interesting fun facts and pleasant spots in the Kiewit nature reserve.
- For the Sherlocks among us, there is a geocaching route and a family quest called 'The Kiewit Mystery'.
Discover the website with the Up-to-date list of weekend activities, courses, children’s workshops ... You can also request or download the brochure with school programmes and nature and educational environmental activities.
Koe-vert Tavern welcomes you to the magnificent Kiewit Nature Reserve. This self-service tavern sells a wide range of organic, local and fair trade produce. Koe-vert is a job creation project for the long-term unemployed.
T +32 11 23 47 34