Kiewit Nature Reserve
There are various walks at Kiewit Nature Reserve. Starting at Kiewit Castle you can, for example, follow the various marked trails leading to the Bokrijk playground. There are also specific routes with different starting points:
- In Bokrijk there are two starting points for the 4 km Bucksenrake route (yellow) and the 3 km Parkdreven route (blue).
- At Kiewit Nature Reserve there are 3 starting points for the 4 km Wijer route (orange), the 1.5 km Haringsvijver route (green) and the 3 km Wilderness route (blue).
- From both starting points: 12 km long Green Heart route (red) and the Fast route Bokrijk - Kiewit of 3.8 km (brown).
Specially for children
- Show your children the farmyard animals and treat them to a picnic by the pond. Let them horse around in the play area and in the adventure play wood. Visit the bee hall and spot the various fascinating insects.
- Take ’t Plezante Potenpad route for an approximately 2 km buggy-friendly picturesque walk. You can even crawl into a bird’s nests or try to jump further than a deer. On the Potenpad trail discover interesting fun facts and pleasant spots in the Kiewit nature reserve.
- For the Sherlocks among us, there is a geocaching route and a family quest called 'The Kiewit Mystery'.
Koe-vert Tavern welcomes you to the magnificent Kiewit Nature Reserve. This self-service tavern sells a wide range of organic, local and fair trade produce. Koe-vert is a job creation project for the long-term unemployed. Koe-vert Putvennestraat 110 3500 Hasselt T +32 11 23 47 34 firstname.lastname@example.org www.koevertkiewit.be
Dogs must be kept on a leash.
The nature reserve is accessible for wheelchairs and buggies.
Accessibility and parking
- By public transport: take the bus H13, H31, H14 or H41. Get off at the nature reserve car park.
- By bike: Kiewit nature reserve is located close to junction 91 of the Limburgse cycle routes network.
- By car: free parking.
- Every day from 8.30 am to sunset. Closed only when there are heavy winds and storms.
- Office: Monday to Friday from 9 am to 12 midday and from 12.30 pm to 4 pm.