Access and parking
By public transport
- Get on the bus with busnumber 45 (direction Maaseik/Maastricht), busnumber 36 (direction Genk) or busnumber 20a (direction Lanaken/Maastricht).
- Get off at the ‘Hasselt Rijksadministratief Centrum’ stop.
- Cross the street, take the stairs down and follow the cycle path to the garden entrance.
Take a look at the website of "De Lijn" for the newest information and hours.
- The Japanese garden is right at number 97 of the Limburg cycle route network.
- Free parking space at our own parking lot at the Gouverneur Verwilghensingel or at parking Hawaii at the Koning Boudewijnlaan.
- Our address is quite difficult to find by GPS. It's best to type in "Gouverneur Verwilghensingel 13". That's the address of the ice skating ring Schaverdijn. After that, it's just 20 meters further on your right side. You drive on the small side road and through the red Japanese gate (torii). Our parking is just ahead of you.
- Already standing at the next red lights? You've driven too far! No problem! Just turn right and you can also park on the parking Hawaii at the Koning Boudewijnlaan (turn right at the roundabout on the sand parking).