Looking for a relaxing day out for your group or club? Then visit the Japanese Garden in Hasselt or take a look at a tea demonstration.
Japanese symbolism and culture
Hasselt is the home of the largest authentic Japanese garden in Europe. Cherry trees, koi fish, bridges, bonsai trees, winding paths ... here you can come to your senses and meditate peacefully. Or you can simply sit and just listen to the water flowing. Each season adorns the garden in a different outfit: a wonderful experience.
- Available: from 24 March to 31 October 2018 during opening hours
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Group rate entrance garden (min. 15 persons): 4,50 euros p.p.
- Guide fee: 70 euros - max. 20 pers. per guide
Tea demonstration for groups
Attend an authentic Japanese tea demonstration in the tea garden. Marvel at every sophisticated action: aesthetic, symbolic and soothing..
- Information and reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org of T +32 3 482 14 40
- Price: 235 euros (up to15 participants) - as of 15 participants 11 euros extra per participant
Caution! Only one group (max. 15 people) can participate in the workshop. A possible second group (in case of a number of more than 15 participants) can only start 1,5 hours after the first group.
Introduction to buddhism and meditation
Learn how to find peace in your own mind. Shaku Jinsen, Buddhist priest and teacher from the Shingon tradition will help you on your way with inspirations from the Buddhist doctrine and an introduction to meditation.
- During opening hours, from 24 March until 31 October 2018
- Group price entrance (min. 15 pers.): 4,50 euros pp
- Group price workshop: 100 euros (10 pers.)
- Additional participants: 5 euros pp (max. 20 pers. per group)
- Duration: 1 hour
Workshop 'Japanese Creativity'
Do a deep dive in the creative arts of Japan at the Japanese Garden. Learn about Origami, Kirigami and Kumihimo. After the workshop everyone can take their Kumihimo-disk with you.
- Valid: from March 24th until October 31st 2018 during openinghours
- Duration: 1,5 hours
- Groupprice for Japanee Garden (+15 pers.): 4,5 euro p.p.
- Price Workshop: 180 euro (until 10 participants) - when more then 10 participants it is 12 euro extrea per person, max. number of participants is 20.
Become a true sushichef. Learn how to make a number of different sushi styles. You can practice more on your favorite sushi style. Eat your sushi on the spot or take it home with you.
- Valid: from March 24 until October 31st 2018 during openingshours
- Duration: 1,5 hours
- Groupprice for entrance Garden (min. 15 part.): 4,5 euro p.p.
- Price workshop: 45 euro p.p. ; min. 10 - max. 20 participants per group