The following car parks are free of charge (unlimited):
- Parking P Gelatine (Slachthuiskaai) (350 parking places)
- Parking P Boudewijnlaan (330 parking places)
- Parking P+R Alverberg (Alverbergstraat) (300 parking places - bus stop at the parking lot)
- Parking P+R Hasselt Zuid (afrit 28 E313) (217 parking places - bus stop at the parking lot)
- Parking P+R Kapermolen (Boudewijnlaan) (500 parking places - bus stop at the parking lot). Free bus transport. Get on the bus at 'Rijksadministratief Centrum' and get off at a bus stop or inside the 'Groene Boulevard'. You have to ask a free ticket at the bus driver.
- Parking P achter CCHa (Kunstlaan) (320 parking places)
- Parking P Ijzerweg-oost (Ijzerweg- Luikersteenweg) (100 parking places)
- Parking P Ijzerweg-west (Ijzerweg- Luikersteenweg) (100 parking places)
- Parking P Vaartstraat (200 parking places)
- Weekend Parking P oude brandweerkazerne (old base fire brigade), via Boudewijnlaan, 200 parking places (on Saterdays, Sundays and public holidays)
- Weekend Parking P PXL (Gouverneur Verwilghensingel), 200 parking places, on Saterdays, Sundays and public holidays)
- Parking P Kinepolis (400 parking places)
30 minutes of free parking at a paying car park
Select ‘gratis ticketje’ (free ticket) at the parking pay terminal. Place the ticket in a visible spot in your car. Fee for long-term parking between 9 am and 7 pm. The first hour costs €1, the second hour €2 and €3 per hour from the third hour. The maximum daily parking time limit is 10 hours. Free parking on Sundays, public holidays and on 11 July.
Free parking with blue parking disk between the inner and outer ring roads around Hasselt
In the area between the inner and outer ring roads around Hasselt you need to put your blue parking disk behind your windshield in a visible spot, unless there are parking meters in the street.
The blue parking disk is required between 9 am and 6 pm, except on Sundays and public holidays (including 11 July). You can park for a maximum of two hours with a parking disk.